Horse-drawn carriages roll down Hay Street carrying shoppers the old-fashioned way, pass merchants’ windows adorned with beautiful Victorian holiday decorations, shop artisans and vendors for an array of delightful treats. Joyful children pose with Father Christmas for memory-laden pictures. The smells of cider and gingerbread permeate the chilly air. And there is Ebenezer Scrooge himself, pursued by the ghost of Jacob Marley.
As darkness approaches and the clock reaches 5 p.m., townspeople gather along Hay Street for the candlelight procession, followed by fireworks. After the fireworks, the festivities continue until 9 p.m.
- A Dickens Holiday App - **Coming soon to the Apple Store and Google Play Store November 13th**
- Queen Victoria Carriage Rides - Enjoy a longer, more personal carriage tour - reserve your spot beforehand by calling 910-678-8899.
- Download 2019 Vendor Application or contact Antonio Renteria at 910-323-1776 or via email at email@example.com
- Find out how to dress, Dickens style.
- Get your free photo taken inside the giant snow globe sponsored by PWC! Located on Hay Street (near Skyview at 121 Hay Street).
- Scavenger Hunt for young and old alike beginning at the Transportation Museum!
- Interested in volunteering for the 20th Annual A Dickens Holiday? click here to download a volunteer application or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Annie’s Alehouse – inside the Arts Council building, modeled on the old Victorian pubs; visitors can indulge in beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages along with rousing entertainment and holiday music. The building is open from 1 to 9 p.m.
- Gingerbread Community of Hope – Fayetteville Area Habitat for Humanity, along with H&H Homes, presented a Community of Hope – in the form of gingerbread! People from the community are invited to create buildings to be displayed at SkyView during A Dickens Holiday. Register HERE!
- Candlelight Procession - Candlelight procession will commence at 5:30 p.m.. Pick up a free candle at downtown merchants (locations vary), or in front of the Arts Council building, while supplies last.
2019 A DICKENS HOLIDAY - ARTS COUNCIL FAY :15 ABC11
The Arts Council would like to take the time to thank all of our generous sponsors for their contribution to A Dickens Holiday.