The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County (NC) Public Art Commission is seeking an artist or artist team to design artwork for a water tank in the city of Winston-Salem. The tank is located along a major thoroughfare five miles south of downtown and is visible to approximately 25,000 drivers a day. There has been recent community interest in locating a city park on the land immediately surrounding the water tank. Should a park be located here in the future, the proposed artwork could serve as inspiration for the park’s theme.
Required Submission Materials
• Conceptual project proposal (finalists will be asked to further develop their proposal).
• Past work samples: Artists and teams may submit up to ten (10) images.
• Annotated image list: Include artist(s) name(s) as a heading, and a brief description of each image, including title and medium.
• Resume or CV for each artist or artist team member, including past commissions and budgets.
• Two professional references, including names, phone numbers, and email addresses.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, December 15, 2017, 4:00pm EST